Friday, February 5, 2010

Its Pi(ta)zza time!

I have always wondered if there is a quick way to make pizza. Ofcourse we get variety of pizza crust available in the grocery stores. I tried making a pizza with a Pita bread. It was very quick and tasted good. I didnt use marinara sauce because I thought it might make the crust soggy. After tasting the pizza I felt I should have used the sauce. The pizza tasted very bland. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients
  • 1 Whole wheat pita bread
  • 2 Tablespoons of marinara sauce
  • 3/4 Cup of shredded cheese ( I used a mexican style mixed shredded cheese)
  • 1 White mushroom
  • 1 Small bellpepper
  • 1 Small onion, finely chopped
  • 3 Pitted black olives chopped
  • 1 Chipotle pepper chopped*
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees. Spread the marinara sauce on the pita bread. Layer the bread with the cheese and vegetables. Keep it in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melt.

*I used a tinned chipotle pepper soaked in adobo sauce. You can used tinned jalapenos too.

We can bring in variations to this recipe by adding pineapple, tomatoes and any vegetables that you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment