- 4 Cups of corn meal
- 5 Cups of yoghurt
- 6-7 Green chillies
- 1 Tablespoon of mustard seeds
- 1 Medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Urad dhal
- 3 Tablespoons of corriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Carrot (shredded)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Saute the corn meal in a skillet with little ghee. Mix yoghurt and corn meal in a bowl. Leave the batter for an hour. Meanwhile heat the oil in a skillet. Add the mustard, urad dhal and allow it to splutter. Add the onions and corriander leaves and saute until the onions are cooked. Grind the green chillies and add it to the batter. Mix the sauted onions and shredded carrot to the batter.
Pour the batter into the idly mold and cook it for 15 minutes. Serve hot with onion chutney.