Friday, May 1, 2009

Bread and Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs

Egg is a staple food in our everyday diet. I cook eggs for breakfast almost everyday. I learned a lot of simple mexican breakfasts from my dear friend. In addition I try to come out with my own recipes. Here is one such recipe - scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs go well with bread toast.

Cook Time - 10 Minutes
Level - Easy
Serves - 2 to 3

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons Olive oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions(I am not mentioning the size of the onions because the size ofthe onions in the US varies. I bought jumbo onions this time. I can use one onion for 3 days. They are so big)
  • 1 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
  • 1 Bell Pepper seeded and finely chopped (Any color is fine)
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
  • Salt and Pepper

Directions

Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the jalapenos, onions, bell peppers and tomato and saute for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl with the milk, salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the skillet. Cook the eggs on the low heat, stirring constantly to the desired doneness.

You can add shredded cheese to the scrambled eggs if desired. To make this dish Indianized you can add garlic powder and garam masala while whisking the eggs.

2 comments:

  1. Startup is really good. keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey gr8 job..... though these are simple food items u have presented it well..... its good for the beginners to learn..!!!

    ReplyDelete