Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Onion-Bellpepper Chutney

I made Dhania Thepia today for dinner. I got the recipe from my friend Ramya's blog. I didnt want to make gravy for sidedish. I wanted to try something different. I started making onion chutney. I added two more new ingredients to it. It came out very good. Checkout the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 Medium sized onion roughly chopped
  • 1 small bellpepper
  • 3 tablespoons of corriander leaves finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon of urad dal
  • 3 tablespoons of yellow split peas or channa dal
  • 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
  • 4 red chillies (more if want the chutney spicy)
  • 1 small ball tamarind
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 inch ginger
  • Salt to taste
Directions

Heat the oil in a skillet. Add red chillies, urad dal and spilt peas. Now add the onions, corriander leaves, ginger and garlic until onions turn translucent. Add the bellpeppers and saute until bellpeppers are cooked. Let the ingredients cool. Process the mixture in a processor or a blender. Serve it with Dhania Thepia.

Dhania Thepia with Onion-Bellpepper chutney

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog, Sindu! You sure do manage well with Saujanya - I'm not sure if I can do justice to my blog when I'm not yet a mom!

    This was my cousin Vidya's recipe... :) She sure is glad you liked and tried it :)

    ReplyDelete