Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Egg Dumplings

When I was in India I used to eat egg bhonda from a road side shop. I have tried the same at home lot of times. I wanted to try a different recipe. I made dumplings with eggs and vegetables. I am sure people that dont like to smell of egg would love this recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 Medium onion finely chopped
  • 5 Hard boiled eggs roughly chopped
  • 1 Small bellpepper finely chopped
  • 1 Carrot finely shopped
  • 2-3 Tablespoons of Corriander leaves
  • 1 Tablespoon of corriander powder
  • 1 Teaspoon of red chilli powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 Tablespoon of corn powder
  • 1/2 Cup of all purpose flour
  • 2 Cups of seasoned bread crumps
  • 3 Cups of oil (I used corn oil)
  • 1 Cup of shredded cheese (optional)
  • 1 Cup of water
Directions

Mix eggs, vegetables, corn powder, salt and the spices together. Make medium size balls with the mixture. Add the water to the all purpose flour and mix well. Dip the balls in the all purpose flour and roll them over the bread crumps. Deep fry in the oil. Serve hot with ketchup or hot sauce.

I am tagging the Foodista website to this blog.

Egg on Foodista

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sindura, I followed you from the foodieblogroll and your recipes look delicious!Hope you wont mind,I'd love to guide our readers to your site, just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sindura! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. This is a actually cool Egg Dumplings recipe. Keep it up and I may see you on Food Network one day. By the way you can place more Foodista widget in your past and future blogs so that other Foodista readers can follow and see your blog too. Just search for a related recipe or food in Foodista and use its widget. I hope to read more from you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete