Thursday, May 28, 2009

Vegetable - Green Gram Idly

I make pesaratu once in a while. Its not the authentic one but my own recipe. Few days back I soaked green gram in water to make pesaratu. But my mood changed. I thought I would use the green gram and make something else. I ended up making green gram idlies. I added vegetables to make it more tasty and healthy. Here is the recipe. Hope you will like it.

Ingredients
  • 4 Cups of green gram
  • 1/2 Teaspoons of Fennel Seeds
  • 10 Red Chillies
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 2 Teaspoon of mustard seeds
  • 2 Teaspoon of urad dhal
  • 1 Tablespoon of cummin seeds
  • 1 Big onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Bellpepper finely chopped
  • 1 Carrot finely chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons of oil
  • 3 Tablespoons of corriander leaves, finely chopped
  • Salt to taste

Directions

Soak the green gram overnight. Grind it into a coase batter with red chillies, garlic cloves, fennel seeds and salt. Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add the cummin seeds, urad dhal and corriander leaves and then add the onions, bellpeppers and carrots. Saute the vegetables until they are cooked. Mix the sauted vegetables with the batter. Pour the batter into idly mould and cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot with corriander chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment